Common Everyday Food Nutrients that Help Moods
Anxiety, Depression, Stress, Poor sleep: You are what you eat –Common everyday food nutrients that help
Therapy can work wonders for you, but you can enhance it every day at breakfast, lunch and dinner.
- Magnesium & Calcium- Magnesium deficiency is one of the leading causes of anxiety and insomnia. Combined with Calcium, sleep is enhanced
- Vitamin D- Deficiency: Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD), a mood disorder featuring depressive symptoms, occurs during the dark times of the year when there is relatively little sunshine, coinciding with the sudden drop in vitamin D levels in the body.
- Tryptophan– Deficiency: Tryptophan isn’t a vitamin or mineral, but rather an essential amino acid. It is for stress and anxiety.
- Vitamin B Complex– Deficiencies: Panic disorder, OCD and depression, irritability, poor concentration, anxiety, fatigue, restlessness, apathy, and depression. Included in B vitamin complex is inositol. which has shown to be as effective and had fewer side effects than an anti-anxiety medication
The B vitamins include thiamin, riboflavin, niacin, folate (also called folic acid or folacin), vitamin B6, vitamin B12, biotin and pantothenic acid. Look for them on food labels.
The Best Foods:
Halibut, mackerel, bran breakfast cereal, cocoa, almonds, cashews, pumpkin seeds
Milk, yogurt, cheese, seafood, legumes, and fruit
Cod liver oil, oily fish, mushrooms, fortified cereals, tofu, caviar, dairy, pork,
Lecithin granules, beef heart, desiccated liver, wheat germ, lecithin oil, liver, citrus fruits, molasses, whole grain bread and soy flour
Pork, ham, dark green leafy vegetables, wheat germ, enriched rice, lentils, pecans.
Asparagus, spinach, chicken, fish,
Poultry, seafood, bananas
Animal foods shellfish, such as clams, mussels and crab, fin fish and beef.
Liver and egg yolks
Yogurt (plain soy) and avocado
Tuna, turkey, salmon, lamb, beef, sardines, peanuts, shrimp, brown rice
Green tea has a soothing, calming effect,
Now for your therapy: Read On:
This is where online Counseling on Demand comes in. You need not go through this alone. With our support, you can get through these times. Talk therapy is not just talk. It is the formation of a unique relationship. Employing the techniques outlined below, as effective as they are, it’s more than that. It’s the relationship itself that heals.
Here’s how we do it together:
1. Interpersonal Psychotherapy (IPT) for depression focuses on relationships. Some studies show that it is as effective as antidepressants.
2. Psychodynamic Therapy
When most people think of therapy, psychodynamic is
the type that comes to mind. It involves getting to the
psychological root of your depression.
3. Talk Therapy
If you’ve never been to a therapist, you might be
surprised by your experience. Just as there are many
types of antidepressants, there are also a few
different kinds of therapy.
4. Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) helps people
find new ways of dealing with negative thoughts and behaviors, instead of delving into the past.
This is what Counseling on Demand.com therapists do. And it works!
Why online??? Here, you can get help now.
You needn’t leave your favorite/private place. Nor must you wait for an appointment. We are always there for you. You can begin in 24 hours or less.
Contact us now. Your first consultation is free.
Call, email, text, connect via Skype, Facetime, Hangouts, etc. on your computer, cell phone or tablet- even on your E-book.
Check out our chat line.
Follow us on social media.
We are just a click away