Social Anxiety – 5 Natural Remedies
Social anxiety; somewhat common, if uncomfortable. Social phobia; interfering with everyday life.
Do you suffer from social anxiety; feeling a bit fearful with unfamiliar people or situations? Feeling as though you are being watched or judged? Experiencing anxiety in any social situation? Anxiousness about just the idea of social situations even when not in one?
When these fears disrupt your life to the extreme, you may be suffering from what is termed social phobia, irrational fear.
Rather than avoiding social situations altogether, try these 5 natural remedies for much-needed relief:
- Laugh it off.(Even if you do a fake laugh) Cultivate a good sense of humor and laugh.
- Schedule relaxation. Sit down and look at your schedule. Put in a half hour to do whatever you do that is relaxing, a walk, meditation, yoga, tai chi.
3. Eat Chocolate. (Infused with GABA, short for gamma-aminobutyic acid) Check in with your doctor before taking them on your own.
- Try lavender. Try lavender oil essential to calm yourself. Again, don’t forget to check first with your doctor.
- Touch something.When anxiety hits, do something tangible. Take your house keys out, touch an ice cube. This “grounds” and distracts you just enough.
- Face the fear.(A tough one) If something makes you scared, face it. Go out to social functions instead of staying home and worrying about what might happen (It might not)
( By Kathleen Doheny Reviewed by Michael Cutler, DO, PhDhttp://www.everydayhealth.com/see also, Karen Lynn Cassiday, PhD, president-elect of the Anxiety and Depression Association of America and a clinical psychologist in Chicago, Katherine Raymer, MD, ND, associate clinical professor of naturopathic medicine at Bastyr University, Seattle, John Tsilimparis, MFT, a marriage and family therapist in Los Angeles and adjunct professor of psychiatry at Pepperdine University.)
Need extra support?
This where Counseling on Demand.com comes in. Any member of our team can help you to get through day-to-day. You can easily match up with your counselor. It can be done quickly and conveniently.
We are online. This is a uniquely perfect venue for social anxiety and social phobia; no necessity for a direct face-to-face as in a traditional office visit. No need for you to leave home for help at all. We can get you through. If the prospect of that initial contact frightens you, just text or email. Together we can work up to a face-to-face.
That’s us, Counselingondemand.com. You need not go through this alone. You needn’t leave your favorite/private place. Nor must you wait for an appointment. We are always there for you. You can begin in 24 hours or less.
With our support, you can get through these times. Talk Therapy is not just talk. It is the formation of a unique relationship. It’s the relationship itself that heals.
Why online??? Online, you can get help NOW.
Contact us now. Talk to us now- free.
Call, email, text or Skype us on your computer, cell phone or tablet- even on your E-Book
We are just a click away.