People in a depressive state need not despair. There is much you can do to help yourselves.
Let’s distill the research of Dr. Chris Iliades:
8 mood lifters
- Nix Your Negativity
If you’re constantly expecting the worst, remember: You get to choose your own thoughts, so why not practice replacing negative ones with positive ones?
- Silence Gossiping
Swap your blabber-mouthing tendency for this one: Try spreading positive stories about the people in your life. You’ll keep more friends this way!
- Just Say No to People-Pleasing
Pleasing others sounds like a good thing, but there’s a tipping point: If you find yourself constantly over-extended and worrying too much about other people’s problems instead of your own, you could be a “yes-man” (or woman). Learn to say, “No way, José.”
- Give Up Giving Up Instead of adopting a “woe-is-me” attitude the next time you have a bad day, think of something that you feel fortunate for in your life and march forward.
- Let Go of That Grudge (Once and for All)
Has someone been the butt of your grudge for too long? Find a way to forgive them — now.
- Ditch the Self-Digs
Stop being the object of your own ridicule
- Stop Taking Yourself So Seriously
Turns out, laughter may be one of the best protectors of your heart
- Quit Worrying About What Others Think
( Chris Iliades, MD, quoting Debbie Mandel, MA, an emotional health expert and author of “Addicted to Stress.”, Reviewed by Pat F. Bass, III, MD, MPH, 8 Mood-lifting tricks to Learn from Happy People, in everyday health.com)
This is where online Counseling on Demand comes in. You need not go through this alone. With our support, you can get through these times. Talk therapy is not just talk. It is the formation of a unique relationship. Employing the techniques outlined below, as effective as they are, it’s more than that. It’s the relationship itself that heals.
Here’s how we do it together:
- Interpersonal Psychotherapy (IPT) for depression focuses on relationships.Some studies show that it is as effective as antidepressants.
- Psychodynamic Therapy When most people think of therapy, psychodynamic is the type that comes to mind. It involves getting to the psychological root of your depression.
- Talk Therapy If you’ve never been to a therapist, you might be surprised by your experience. Just as there are many types of antidepressants, there are also a few different kinds of therapy.
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) helps people find new ways of dealing with negative thoughts and behaviors, instead of delving into the past.
This is what Counseling on Demand.com therapists do. And it works!
Why online??? Here, you can get help now.
You needn’t leave your favorite/private place. Nor must you wait for an appointment. We are always there for you. You can begin in 24 hours or less.
Contact us now. Your first consultation is free.
Call, email, text, connect via Skype, Facetime, Hangouts, etc. on your computer, cell phone or tablet- even on your E-book.
Check out our chat line.
Follow us on: most social media.
We are just a click away