A Well-Balanced Life
Supporting your health and wellness goals from a holistic perspective
We, humans, are a multi-dimensional bunch- a whole greater than the sum of our parts- 28 of those parts listed below.
Web MD1, “Holistic medicine is a form of healing that considers the whole person — body, mind, spirit, and emotions — in the quest for optimal health and wellness. According to the holistic medicine philosophy, one can achieve optimal health — the primary goal of holistic medicine practice — by gaining proper balance in life.
Holistic medicine practitioners believe that the whole person is made up of interdependent parts and if one part is not working properly, all the other parts will be affected. In this way, if people have imbalances (physical, emotional, or spiritual) in their lives, it can negatively affect their overall health.”
We fellow holistic therapists subscribe to this approach, ensuring a well-balanced life.
Trusted experts in the “tri-alliance” of Occupational, Physical. and Speech Therapists provide supportive video chats focused on supporting your health and wellness goals from a holistic perspective. This integrative health approach focuses on bridging the gap between mental, physical, and cognitive wellness.
Getting started is easy: meet with the Therapy on Demand support team for a free intake screening, or take the Therapy Coach Health Check Survey2
Now on to the top topics to discuss in your video session:
Occupational Therapy (OT)
- Habits, Roles & Routines: structuring a balanced lifestyle.
- Motivational Interviewing: reflect on daily life and plan for positive changes.
- Environmental Modifications: simple upgrades to your living, working, and play spaces to support well-being.
- Time management: plan ahead for success, discuss effective strategies with your OT coach.
- Ergonomics: is your furniture taking a toll on your posture?
- Stress/emotions work on ways to cope with life situations.
- Pain management techniques: top ways to reduce pain for various acture and chronic pain conditions
- Guided relaxation: take a personalized trip with your coach into a symbiotic state of wellness with simple cues to relax the mind and body, just for you.
- Focused Breathing: relax by focusing attention on the inhales and exhales, with full concentration on the breath for increasingly sustained periods of time to support deep relaxation and creativity.
- Dynamic stretching: learn to stretch safely and effectively after warming up the muscles.
Physical Therapy (PT):
- Structural wellness: how balanced muscle tone and range of motion can prevent strain to the joints.
- Posture: how to improve posture without harming the spinal column.
- Sports rehab: safely incorporate evidenced-based information to maximize performance.
- Common injuries: supportive approaches to aches, sprains, and strains
- Joint protection: how best to prevent aches, sprains, and strains.
- Physical rehabilitation techniques: what techniques work best for which conditions?
- Pain relief modalities: which products are effectively reduced pain and how they are used.
Speech Therapy (ST):
- Cognition: explore your mental strengths, and remedy deficits.
- Behavior: take an objective look at how what you do impacts those around you.
- Linguistics/speaking: speaking functionally, and if possible clearly and with good articulation, tone, and volume.
- Organization: thinking about thinking or metacognition is an effective way to strategize about daily living with your ST coach.
- Swallowing challenges
Personal Trainer Coach
- Home exercises and progression
- Confidence and self-esteem
- Active listening
- Emotional support
Yoga Coach(coming soon)
- Simple custom yoga routines
You may wish to support Therapy on Demand’s ongoing development by shopping their Store3 for medical equipment, health supplies, and assistive technology items.
- What Is Holistic Medicine? Web MD Medical Reference Reviewed by David Kiefer, MD on May 01, 2015, http://www.webmd.com/balance/guide/what-is-holistic-medicine#1
- Adam Parsons, Therapy.Coach Wellness Check Survey, https://therapy.coach/wellness/
- Adam Parsons, Therapy on Demand store, https://therapy.coach/store/